Minecraft team sports.
- Work together to do as much objectives as possible
What is Minecraft Quest?
Minecraft Quest is a team sports within the world of Minecraft, in which a team tries to score as much points as possible.
Two team members working together
The tasks to get points are known beforehand, in the form of a bingocard posted on Discord, with task such as ‘Collect 10 apples’, ‘Kill 5 zombies’, etc.
An example bingo card
Both the world seed and the bingocard seed are known beforehand, so that the teams can practice.
|10:00||11:00||Server open to moderators|
|11:00||11:15||Server open to players|
|11:15||11:50||Do objectives (i.e. the bingo card)|
- +1: per bingo card objective
- +5: per row/column/diagonal on bingo card
- +3: win the final battle
|Day||Quest||World en bingocard seed||Server||Score (N-S)||Winner|
|25 june||None, due to Midsommar (an important day in Sweden)||.||.||.||.|
|30 july||On Discord||
|06 august||On Discord||
|13 august||On Discord||
There are 2 teams: Netherlands and Sweden
De world is devided in half:
Netherlands: goes (N)orth
Sweden: Goes (S)outh
||Moderator Netherlands/Backup Player|
Minecraft Quest is run by a team of volunteers
The Minecraft Quest team
The purpose of a referee is to ensure the game is played fairly. A referee is invisible, can freely move around and cannot modify the world.
- Chris, Daan, Rohan, Youri
The purpose of the moderators is to make the server run smoothly and that the game can be played fairly and with as little as possible.
A moderator is invisible, can freely move around and cannot modify the world.
- Jonas/Peter/Rijk/Youri: Team Netherlands
- None (feel encouraged to take up this role!): Team Sweden
The purpose of the teamcaptains is to steer the team in working together.
A team captain is a regular player.
Use ‘Minecraft 1.18.2, optifine’.
- Behave as a good team member
- Teams both have half of the world.
- We don’t steal from our team and be respectful to our team members.
- The usage of any (hacked) clients are strictly forbidden. The only clients that are allowed are FPS boosters such as optifine. NO waypoints, minimaps and such.
What are the settings?
- Minecraft 1.18.2 (stable)
- Survival mode
- Easy mode
- No command blocks
Why so short?
Its intentionally so you have to work with your team.
What is the maximum amount of players?
I don’t have Minecraft
Then you cannot participate
I don’t have Minecraft Java but I do have Bedrock
You can still participate! You can join the mcquest server on any bedrock platform.
Whats the age limit?
From 8 to (and including) 18 years.
I did something on the bingo card. What do I do?
The Discord bingo cards detect this automatically. If not, talk to the referee. He/she’ll take a look at your inventory and/or your surroundings.
Can I use my [resources] after I scored a point with them?
Yes! If, for example, there was an objective to collect 16 carrots, you can eat those after a referee has seen you did.
A team member and I together have collected enough [resources]. Does that count?
No, the resources must be in the same inventory.
I have a question
Join the Discord or make an issue on GitHub.
How does the server work?
We’re using multiple plugins made by Daan and Youri, you can find those in the repository.
Newest video’s at at the top.
- 2022-08-05: Look around: YouTube Download (thanks Daan Schenkel)
- 2020-07-07: Second testrun: YouTube Download (thanks Daan Schenkel)
- 2022-05-31: First try-out: YouTube Download(thanks Rijk van Putten)
See 2020.md for screenshots of the first MCQ